Sellzone Review: The Ultimate Solution For Growth-Minded Amazon Sellers
Before we dig deep into Sellzone and its tools, here is something you need to know about the software. Sellzone is an online platform created by Semrush to help Amazon sellers have more control over their product pages.
The Sellzone toolkit aims to improve your product sales experience on Amazon with a variety of tools and features. It is easy to use and can help sellers in a myriad of ways. The Amazon Product Research tool helps to find winning products to build a bulletproof product and sales strategy on Amazon. While using an audit tool (Listing Quality Check) provides data to improve CTR and product page visibility, the Traffic Insights allow analyzing traffic and the market to build a robust marketing strategy. Keyword Wizard helps to maximize the listing’s reach within the marketplace by facilitating the keyword research process. PPC Optimizer helps you go hassle-free about Amazon advertising. With Listing protection, you can monitor product pages and receive instant notifications on any new developments, thereby allowing a seller to increase Amazon page conversions with split testing elements that affect sales.
This is just an overview of what you should expect in the toolkit.
In this article, I will talk about all the Sellzone tools in more detail. But one thing is sure, the tool is impressive and will fetch you definite results.
*Note: Sellzone now runs for Amazon’s US marketplace-only. So, all the Sellzone features and capabilities are suitable to Amazon sellers operating across amazon.com.
Table Of Contents
- What is Sellzone?
- What is Amazon Product Research? How does it work?
- What is Listing Quality Check? How does it work?
- What is Traffic Analysis? How does it work?
- What is Keyword Wizard? How does it work?
- What is Amazon PPC Optimizer? How does it work?
- What is Listing Protection? How does it work?
- What is a Split Testing? How does it work?
- What is Sellzone’s Price?
- Sellzone’s Customer Support
- Final Thoughts: Is Sellzone profitable for your Amazon Business?
What is Sellzone?
Sellzone is a top-notch seller software created to help merchants grow their business on the world’s largest e-commerce platform, Amazon. It is developed by Semrush, one of the leading developers for digital marketing tools, and is a world-renowned brand trusted by more than 7m+ users. Although Sellzone began its run as an Amazon tool for listing split tests (available to users even now), it has now transformed into a robust software for managing listing performance, optimizing product pages, and determining sales growth points.
Top Sellzone features include:
- Product Research
- Listing Protection
- Traffic Insights
- Keyword Wizard
- PPC Optimizer
- Split Testing
- Listing Quality Check
When I started using Sellzone, I didn’t know much about its various tools. My only objective was to increase traffic and conversions on my product pages. In due time, I learned about the seven user-friendly tools that are easy to use and highly functional.
It’s a really intuitive tool that helps you discover winning Amazon products. Turn to this tool to uncover the most popular products with the lowest competition and top margins within any product category. Plus, you’ll find a really handy FBA calculator built right within the tool to assess your potential profits for any given product.
Listing Quality Check
This is an audit tool for Amazon sellers. Use this to monitor Amazon requirements and style guidelines, content errors, or any incompleteness. As it delivers data-driven recommendations, you can get a boost in visibility and conversions.
An advanced analytics tool will give a boost to your marketing strategy. Use it to evaluate the market, compare traffic on Amazon listings, and also audience counts. The tool will uncover several useful traffic sources unknown to you. For instance, you can input either the URL or ASIN of any listing and compare it with your competitors to determine the source of your listing traffic.
This is an Amazon-tailored keyword research tool that helps you find the most efficient keywords. Use this tool to discover the most popular yet less competitive Amazon searches around your product to maximize your listing’s reach and outsmart the competition.
This tool completely automates your Amazon advertising efforts, taking care of everything from keyword research to ad optimization. All you have to do to launch an Amazon ad campaign is pick a product and set your daily bid and campaign start date.
It is an automated monitoring system to help you keep an eye on every Amazon ranking and Amazon listing. If you are an Amazon merchant, use this to automate product prices, track product descriptions, Buy Box ownership changes, and more, besides receiving alerts from Sellzone on listing suppression and changes in keyword positions.
It will help you increase sales and improve your product performance. With split testing, you are allowed to evaluate and change titles, descriptions, images, and prices—all essential elements included.
Now let me take you through Sellzone tools one-by-one in detail. I will be touching on all the vital aspects of the tools, and their features to help you understand them effectively and efficiently.
What is Amazon Product Research?
The Amazon Product Research tool is a product discovery tool that helps you reveal the most profitable and success-prone Amazon products to sell. It’s completely free and extremely easy to use.
How does Product Research work?
1. Add the initial specs for product research.
Choose your desired product category and price range. If you already have a certain product in mind, and need to double-check if it’s worth the trouble, add the keyword as well.
2. Explore the range of products that fit your criteria.
The tool will pull up a set of products that match your initial specs. Simply look around but don’t jump to any quick conclusions.
3. Use advanced filters to find winning products.
Make use of advanced filters to narrow down the list. Make sure to set the lowest competitor number, high BSR, ratings, and review counts – to make sure you’re focusing on the most high-demand products that come with the lowest competition.
4. Add your top picks to Favorites
Once the filters are set, you’ll get fewer products for consideration – but these are the lowest-hanging fruits across the entire product landscape within your category. Add the ones you’re willing to consider selling to Favorites (press on a “heart” button) and take your research further from there.
5. Use FBA Calculator to determine which product comes with higher profit margins
Press “Calculate” for each selected product and check your profit potential using the FBA calculator. You’ll have to manually add the product cost and price (if different from what’s already within the calculator), and the calculator will automatically assess the ROI and profits.
What is Listing Quality Check?
The Amazon listing Quality Check tool is an audit tool. As an Amazon seller, you can find the content errors and whether or not your listings are in line with the Amazon Requirements and meeting the Amazon Guidelines. You also get additional ideas for listing optimization, prioritized by their severity.
How does Listing Quality Check work?
1. Add a Listing
Start by typing in your URL or ASIN and then click the “Check” button. This activates the tool.
2. Report Examination and adjustments in Amazon Listing
After analysis, you will receive an estimate of errors and the successful aspects across all parameters. I like the best sellers benchmark you receive in your selected listing category.
I would suggest each of you have a comprehensive audit. So, go over every tab.
- All Checks. Watch the overall health of your listing. Here a ratio of successful and failed checks is taken into consideration, as well as the severity and impact of each check. Make sure to resolve “critical” issues first – they can lead to suspension and harm your listing’s performance. Then, move on to dealing with “recommended” and “optional” issues – resolving them will boost your listing’s performance.
- Amazon Requirements tab tells you whether your listing meets the Amazon requirements or not. This metric is useful in preventing listing suppression.
- Amazon Style Guides tab gives you some extra Amazon-Style-Guide-Inspired tips to improve your listing quality.
- The Best Practices tab offers some practical suggestions to enhance your listing. Note that all the tips are based on research.
You get two options. Check each section or go to “All Checks” tab and get an idea of the adjustments required to be made.
*There are two types of checks. One, “successful checks” (all requirements covered), and “failed checks” (listing parameters you need to improve or change).
With Listing Quality Check, you will have an extensive audit report, actually, I’ve never seen such an extensive list of checks in other similar tools. This includes content errors such as title length, and description and some blurred images, punctuation suggestions, and visuals. Here is a tip. Once you have followed all the suggestions, re-run the listing audit to avoid missing any important errors. There is no limit on products you can check.
In my opinion, Listing Quality Check is an outstanding tool to avoid any Suspension on Amazon and improve your conversions and visibility at the same time.
What are Traffic Insights?
This is another tool offered by Sellzone. The Amazon Traffic Insights Tool helps to evaluate and segregate both internal and external sources bringing most of the traffic to a specific Amazon product. It applies a data-driven strategy to search channels to enhance your product reach with and beyond Amazon. The best feature is that you don’t need to be the owner to get an insight into the statistics. Also, I would suggest you to choose the listings competing for your target keywords. Apply this by entering your product’s name into Amazon’s search bar and wait for the top 3 products to appear in the results.
How does ‘Traffic Insights’ work?
1. Add up to 3 listings.
Enter the URLs or ASINs of up to3 competing listings. The tool collects intel about the respective traffic-driving channels automatically.
2. Study reports to collect competitive Insights
Initially, you will only see an overview of the listing. The report helps you gauge the approximate number of customers who would discover the product via different channels under probe.
The metrics in the overview include:
- Total Reach Trend – a Sellzone metric. Watch the maximum potential of a selected listing here.
- Reach by Channel box includes all the channels with the potential to bring the most traffic to the Amazon products you want to analyze. You can analyze everything from Amazon Organic, Referrals and Product Listing Ads (PLA) to organic Google search and Display Advertising.
With it, you can understand the potentiality of all traffic channels and thereby make an accurate marketing investment. Use the navigating tabs in the left-hand corner of the dashboard to explore each traffic source.
- Amazon Organic tab reflects keywords that drive the largest audience shares to your analyzed listings considering Amazon’s internal traffic and keywords only.
Pay attention to the following metrics:
- Traffic reflects how many customers can potentially visit the listing if it ranks for a certain keyword.
- Volume stands for the number of times people enter the keyword into the Amazon search box (monthly). This implies product demand.
- SERP features show if the keyword triggers special search results (f.i. Editorial Recommendations).
- Competitors reveal how many product listings rank for the certain keyword.
- Position shows which spots the analyzed listings take for the certain keyword across the Amazon search results.
- Google Organic tab shows Google trends for a specific product along with a keyword list to get the product on top of the Google results.
Here are some metrics displayed in the Google organic report:
- Reach: An approximate number of likely customers looking for your listed keyword
- Traffic: An estimate of the organic traffic visiting the analyzed product through the listed keyword.
- Position: the keyword’s position in the search results (organic).
- Competition: all the Amazon products ranking in the top 100 search results of Google
- Others: Google geo and all the device types
- Referrals reports are an indicator of the traffic you receive via links from websites
Start your traffic insights by checking the Referring Domain/Reach/Backlink Trend and note the rising/falling trend of the referrals and audience from third-party websites. Follow it up with an extensive analysis of the referrals. You can find it on the table lying just below the dashboard. Note the domains that are referring to your listings and the possible reach, in case you attain a backlink from the site. I suggest clicking on every domain and note the details.
- Display Ads Reports and PLA displays all the keyword changes that onset a PLA ad of the analyzed product for a Google search result appearance. You can see all the domains and the changes in publishing display ads on the Display Ads tab and PLA analytics in the PLA tab
According to me, if you are contemplating how to market your products on Amazon, Sellzone is the best tool for you. Each report is handy and in detail to help you understand the potential reach of each product. Sellzone can help you in this or use an external promotion channel such as Google ads and link building.
Sellzone helped me in knowing which websites and publishers to partner with along with the worth. You can use it too for the same.
What is Keyword Wizard?
Similar to Google, the Amazon marketplace operates as a search engine. And search engines run on keywords, or search terms users enter to get to the search results.
Keyword Wizard helps you find untapped keyword opportunities and discover the low-hanging fruits among hundreds of seemingly relevant keywords. The tool provides actionable intel around each keyword associated with your product, helping you to pinpoint the most valuable and impactful search terms to target with your listing:
- Search volume is a metric that shows how many people enter a given keyword into Amazon’s search bar every month.
- Competition level indicates how many competing listings also target this keyword.
These insights uncover the most easy-to-tackle yet high-impact keywords to help you improve your Amazon rankings and build a smarter competitive strategy.
Keyword Wizard also takes all efforts from building a 250-character keyword list for the Hidden Search Terms section in Seller Central.*
How does it work?
1. Add your seed keyword
Use your product as the seed keyword to let the tool find the biggest range of keywords around it.
2. Discover all related keywords
The tool will show all related/similar keywords that people use along with your product. You can group these keywords into broad, phrase, exact, and related matches. But my suggestion would be to keep your options open and always go with a broad match.
3. Play with filters to spot the most efficient keywords
Now that you have your initial keyword list, start looking for the low-hanging fruits by using filters:
- First, set your preferred search volume. The higher the number, the more users you will be able to tackle. I always go along with the 10,000-100,000 range, as any search term that has over 100,000 searches is likely to be impossible to successfully target.
- Define which competition level you are ready to face. Of course, in this case, you want to go with the lowest range possible. Of course, in this case, you’d want to select the lowest competition possible. In my experience, the 0-100 range does not return many results (unless you’re in a very low-competition product niche), so the 100-1,000 range is more realistic.
- Now that you have your almost-ready list, make sure to use the “exclude” feature to get rid of all brand-related keywords. As you know, Amazon’s policy clearly indicates that you cannot use branded terms not associated with your product.
Essentially, this is how effortless you can go about creating the ultimate keyword list for your listing optimization.
In this case, if I was selling hard drives, I’d get to a list of 21 keywords that can potentially target 21,000+ monthly searches.
You can implement your keyword discoveries straight away, or download this list in a .csv format for further use.
4. Fill in the Hidden Search Terms field in Seller Central
Keyword Wizard comes with an extra bonus feature.
While the keyword list you got to above is perfectly applicable for on-listing optimization, there’s one more spot where keyword placement is preferable – the Hidden Search Terms field in Seller Central. But you can’t simply throw in a few keywords there as it comes with a 250-character-limit.
Keyword Wizard can automate this keyword selection process:
- Simply remove all filters (keep the excluded words though) to go back to your broad match list.
- Press the “Search Terms” button and the tool will offer a list of keywords perfectly fit for the Seller Central field. It will automatically exclude stop/temporary/subjective words, as well as numbers, special symbols, plurals, and single letters, and make sure your keywords meet the character limit.
You can, then, simply copy and paste these keywords into the Hidden Search Terms box within your Seller Central.
What is PPC Optimizer?
Amazon PPC Optimizer tool is designed to facilitate the entire Amazon advertising process. It’s perfect for Amazon advertising newbies and those who want to automate their paid promo efforts.
All you need to think about to launch an ad campaign for your Amazon product is the product itself, your daily bid, and the start date. The rest is up to the tool that delivers everything a seller needs from an ad campaign:
- Saves time and efforts;
- Saves your budget;
- Finetunes itself without the need to interfere and keep constant watch on the campaign.
How does it work?
1. Connect your Amazon Advertising account.
2. Choose your initial setting – product, budget, and date
Select the product you want to advertize, and set up your maximum daily budget and campaign’s start date.
3. Leave the rest to the tool.
Now, you don’t have to do anything further – the tool will set itself up automatically.
The tool will create four separate campaigns for each of your advertised products. Essentially, these are the four stages of your ad campaign optimization – to deliver maximum results at lower budgets:
- Auto campaign pulls up keywords and product listings that seem most relevant to advertize on
- Broad campaign takes a set of keywords that brought the most conversions at the previous stage and pinpoints the best target audience for your campaign.
- Exact campaign takes into account keywords that drove sales during the broad campaign.
- Product campaign analyzes which product listings performa as the top ad publishers and allocates the campaign to these ASINs.
This way, you get an automated campaign that adjusts itself on the go – the more sales you get through your advertising campaign, the more finetuned it gets.
4. Keep an eye on the results.
Let the tool run your campaign for at least two weeks, and take a look at the results. The tool has a very visual way of reflecting your results – all you need is within a single dashboard where you can see your budget, impressions, clicks, and ACoS.
What is Listing Protection?
We all know that product listings change often. The Amazon Listing Protection tool arms you with the ability to respond immediately to any sudden or unexpected change in the Amazon listing to prevent any traffic loss.
The tool has two main functionalities, and I found both of them extremely useful in staying in the competition. These are:
- Track Amazon listings
- Scout Competition
With Sellzone, you can monitor your own Amazon listings. The tool tracks and informs you of any alterations in the prices, listing content, buy boxes, keyword positions, and listing suppression. However, this is only applicable if you have an Amazon seller account of your own after entering your Amazon MWS token. Also, the tool gives you the ability to scout your competitors. You will receive alerts whenever there is some instability in Buy Box ownership, price points or when any other changes happen upon using it.
How does it work?
The Amazon Listing protection tool by Sellzone permits you (a seller) to monitor any issues with either your own or competing products.
1. Add a listing
Start by entering the product page’s URL or ASIN and click “Monitor” to begin tracking your Amazon listing.
After the initial set up, you can grow your listing tracking and track many products to your heart’s content. Use the “Add” button followed by the product’s URL or ASIN.
2. Add Seller’s name and keywords
Wait to receive notifications or use the shortcut. There is a “Track Your Listing Issues” under the Listing protection tool. Click on it.
You are free to choose the kind of information you would like to see. To do this:
Enter the target keywords in your listing manually. This adjustment allows you to understand whether your listing visible on the Amazon search results shows up for the same set of keywords as chosen.
- Mention the seller’s name to keep an eye on the Buy Boxes. If you do not win the Buy Box, then enter yourself to check your price with the other Amazon sellers.
3. Set up Notifications
Use the Settings tab and establish the notifications mode of the Amazon listing—SMS or an email.
Since Amazon is an extremely unpredictable search engine, I recommend using Listing protection. This Sellzone tool provides you all the information you can use to your advantage. It teaches you how to monitor the listing and stay afloat with any fluctuations firsthand.
What is Split Testing?
Sellzone’s Split Testing tool makes optimization so much easier. Use it to increase your Amazon sale by split testing and optimizing the product pages. It is an automated tool that conducts split testing to optimize your product pages by checking the page parameters that require changes to boost the page performance.
How does Split Testing work?
To Split Test your product, do the following needful:
1. Connect your Amazon account
Use an Amazon account to split test your product. For this, you need two things – An Amazon Seller ID and MWS Auth Token. If you don’t have them, you can find these in your Amazon MWS dashboard.
2. Tweak and Test
Use Split Testing Tool to split test your description, image, price, and title.
Adjust any element within the Amazon product listing. However, you must run only one test at a time. I did the same and found it to be beneficial. Let me apprise you this testing can be carried out throughout the tool.
- Now start the test and be amazed by the real-time data you get.
I ran this test for 7 days straight and noted the listing performance changes over the entire period. You should try it too. However, one of my friends noticed a drop in sales. If you, too witness any such unwanted results, you are able to immediately stop the test.
You can continue testing different page parameters, and get the desired results—more sales, more cash flow and better conversions.
What is Sellzone Price?
The Split Testing tool is free, and Product Research tools areis free, they are bothit’s easy to use and costcosts nothing, so I feel you must give themit a try. To use all the tools such as Listing Protection, Traffic Insights, Keyword Wizard, PPC Optimizer, and Listing Quality Check, you have to buy the full package. It is priced at $50 per month.
The toolkit’s Pro plan ($85 a month) offers extended limits for each tool.
You need a credit card to file a 7-day FREE trial.
For more information, you can check the details here.
Sellzone’s Customer Support
My personal experience with Sellzone is nothing but positive. However, I wasn’t surprised as it is a Semrush platform, and you should expect excellent customer support from the team. I had a few questions about using it, but the FAQ page put them all to rest. I even referred to their blog, which has ample information about the platform and how to use Sellzone. Also, Sellzone has ensured that the social media outlets and webinars are full of information any user would find valuable while using the tool.
1. Social media
Ask anything from the Sellzone team, and they are more than eager to extend help on the social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can even reach out to them via Facebook and WhatsApp chats. You will be armed with all the updates, and troubleshooting. Quick, Efficient and Responsive are the three words how I would define the Sellzone social media team.
Contact the Sellzone team via email (mail@Sellzone.com), or you can also use the “Send Feedback” button on the Sellzone dashboard. I reached out to them, and the team answered my questions promptly. This helped me proceed with clarity.
3. Comprehensive resources
Sellzone blog is a dedicated platform wherein you can have all the information needed as an Amazon seller. There are webinars with Amazon experts to help you understand the web app. Besides, Semrush Academy provides Sellzone training course.
You can also seek support from sales demos, chatbox on the Semrush website, or click on the buttons to get in touch with the sales team.
Sellzone’s Pro package actually includes a personal account manager and private onboarding, so you can always make use of these perks as well.
Final Thoughts: Is Sellzone profitable for your Amazon Business?
In my opinion if you are looking to increase your e commerce sales and enhance your marketing strategy, you should try Sellzone. It has a wide variety of tools you would need as a seller on Amazon. It is convenient, cost-efficient and comprehensive and this sets it apart from the rest.
It is a single tool that provides data-driven insights and solutions to amplify your Amazon growth. The interface is easy to navigate to help you collect market insights. Most of all, even with only their free tools – Split Testing,and Product Research – you can see how a small adjustment can affect your Amazon sales and go wise about choosing the next Amazon product. So, while Listing Protection is amazing at tracking Amazon listings or noticing any volatility, the Listing Quality Check ensures all the products have all efficient content to drive sales home. Keyword Wizard and Traffic Insights are a great source of information for finding new traffic-drivers for your listing which is very useful for adjusting your marketing strategy. And if you want to run Amazon ads, PPC Optimizer is absolutely invaluable for launching risk-free and budget-efficient ad campaigns.
If you have queries, let me know below.